Work with usWe are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and help local businesses succeed. See Open Positions
We believe in remarkable customer and team experiences
Work with local businesses in your community. We work in towns across Canada.
Our employee share option plan means that everyone owns a piece of the pie.
We never stop learning. That’s why we offer educational opportunities to everyone.
Unlimited vacation policy means you can work smarter, not harder.
The first rule about book club is: we all talk about book club. Our growing library is very popular.
Healthy body, healthy mind. Our health benefits options will keep you at your best.
Are you a fit? Below are our current opening to join the team.
Search Engine (SEO & SEM) Specialist - Vancouver BC
We are looking for a Search Engine (SEO & SEM) Specialist to help local businesses succeed across western Canada.
RTOWN is a Vancouver-based Digital Media company offering a suite of Digital Marketing Solutions to SMB’s across Western Canada. Our mission is to help local businesses succeed by making every town RTOWN! We currently operate in 8 markets in Western Canada.
RTOWN was recently rated by Business in Vancouver as one of the Top 15 Largest Media and Digital Agencies located in BC. The youngest company by over 3 years on their list. We are growing quickly!
The successful candidate will be expected to primarily work out of RTOWN’s HQ in downtown, Vancouver, BC – a 3-minute walk from the Yaletown Sky Train Station.
From RTOWN, the successful candidate can expect:
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunity
- Inclusion in RTOWN’s Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Benefits plan + unlimited vacations
- A company culture aligned around purpose and core values
- Culture Summary:Freedom + transparency + accountability + lifelong learning
- Daily huddles + monthly town halls + annual all company retreat
- A team of A players
- A synthesis of meaning + money (purpose + profits)
- A world-class company in the making
- FUN! We want everyone to work hard yet to have fun doing it!
You have a special set of skills:
- Certification in Google Analytics and AdWords
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in using Google Adwords – Search, display, remarketing, video ads
- Able to use Google Tag Manager (analytics and setup conversion tracking for website)
- Confident relaying value to our customers with a great level of understanding of analytics
- Experience with on-page and off-page SEO
- Experience in copywriting to make informed recommendations to increase web conversions
- Working knowledge of non-Google analytics programs (SEOMoz, SEMRush, Serpbook.etc)
- Able to create and manage paid search & display campaigns
- Keep up with current SEO/SEM news and updates because you absolutely love it
- Create meaningful connections with our vendors and maintain a great working relationship (article writers, designers, back-linking teams, etc)
You are also:
- Extremely organized, can multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision
- Available to assist on admin tasks when needed to assist with moving the company forward
- Passionate about delivering outstanding customer-service and comfortable explaining technical issues to our core customer (who may or may not be tech-savvy)
- Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt quickly to process and/or system changes
- Humble + smart + happy + have deep integrity
- FUN! We want to build a team that knows how to have fun and is fun to work with!
- Able to provide references that will speak to all of these qualities
Apply now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and Business Development Representative - Vancouver. BC
Job Brief: We are looking for a high-performing Sales and Business Development Representative to join our team to make their town RTOWN. If you’ve always felt you had more inside of you but that the potential has never been fully realized, we want to meet you. If you read this job posting and feel a spark, get in touch.
A natural Salesperson with an entrepreneurial itch to help build something amazing with a purpose to help local businesses succeed. Looking for a career and growth.
A Self-motivated and confident individual who can see what they want and the path ahead to achieve it. While being outgoing, positive, congenial, open-minded, dedicated, passionate, well-spoken, and solution-oriented. Unique.
With a strong ability to…
Build long-term meaningful relationships, connect with others on a human level, close qualified deals.
Who understands that…
Sales is hard AND rewarding. Every problem has a solution, you need to uncover a better way.
Your opinion is valued.
What Success Looks Like in This Role…
You will be expertly training on all the aspects of digital media. You use this knowledge and experience to connect with local businesses and set them up for growth. You will use all the tools at your disposal to maintain a strong network of opportunities while working with the Marketing and Customer Success Teams to expand and grow the local businesses in your town.
Perks of the job…
- Base Salary + Commissions + Bonuses. Commissions are uncapped. (unlimited earning potential)
- Set monthly expense allowance
- Ownership: Our employee share option plan means that everyone owns a piece of the pie.
- Learn: We never stop learning. That’s why we offer full training and educational opportunities to everyone.
- Vacation: Unlimited paid vacation policy means you can work smarter, not harder.
- Health: Healthy body, healthy mind. Our health benefits options will keep you at your best.
- Manage, generate, and close our existing and future opportunities
- Further qualify and close leads from marketing campaigns
- Generate your own leads based on your own experience, connections, research AND HUSTLE!
- Reply to all new leads within 24 hours
- Contact potential clients through the use of (including but not limited to) cold calls and emails, handwritten letters, company CRM, etc.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in your markets
- Help identify creative solutions with the management team to help increase efficiency
- Keep CRM up to date for your contacts
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, or similar role
- Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior time management skills
- Take feedback well – you’re willing to be vulnerable, malleable and capable of moving as quickly as the technology industry demands with a massive smile on your face
- Ability to read people well
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A charismatic individual with the ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Dress with sophistication and style when client facing (match the client)
- Believe what is required is just a starting point. Going above and beyond is commonplace to you.
- A strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with your customers.
- Ability to work from a home-based office.
- A big thinker with a capability to see the bigger picture. We’re looking for smart!
- Independently motivated with a care for the entire team and an understanding that you cannot do it alone
You are truly passionate about learning and growing in your role, and don’t know how to settle or live in a ‘status quo’ world. You’re ready to really take ownership of your segment of the business, collaborate with the team, and wake up each day ready to tackle the world.
IF this is you, Apply Now!
Do NOT apply if…
- You’re just looking for another sales job
- You don’t enjoy working in a team
- You like to just “punch a clock”
If you are serious about applying for this role and joining our team, record a 30-second video introducting yourself and include it with your application.
To apply, send your video and resume to careers[at]rtown.ca.
Submissions through indeed or other job portals will be matched with your video if you send it separately.