Work with usWe are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and help local businesses succeed.
We believe in remarkable customer and team experiences
Work with local businesses in your community. We work in towns across Canada.
Our employee share option plan means that everyone owns a piece of the pie.
We never stop learning. That’s why we offer educational opportunities to everyone.
Unlimited vacation policy means you can work smarter, not harder.
Are you a fit? Below are our current opening to join the team.
Content Strategist and Inbound Marketer - Vancouver BC
We are looking for a Content Strategist and Inbound Marketer to help local businesses succeed.
RTOWN is a Vancouver-based Digital Media company offering a suite of Digital Marketing Solutions to SMB’s across North America. Our mission is to impact and inspire our towns by helping local businesses succeed!
RTOWN was recently rated by Business in Vancouver as one of the Top 15 Largest Media and Digital Agencies located in BC. The youngest company by over 3 years on their list. We are growing quickly!
The successful candidate will be expected to primarily work out of RTOWN’s HQ in downtown, Vancouver, BC – a 3-minute walk from the Yaletown Skytrain Station. Working closely with our CEO and Marketing Director, you will be responsible for creating and executing on an aligned content strategy by writing, editing, and publishing a variety of assets for RTOWN and our customers. Success in this role will be based on improving engagement and conversion rates from our content, including landing pages, web copy, email marketing, blog posts, and ads.
As RTOWN’s Content Strategist you will sit on the bleeding edge of marketing strategy and world class content design thinking. We will give you the room you need to develop content the way you think it should be done.
From RTOWN, the successful candidate can expect:
- Competitive salary + bonus opportunity
- Inclusion in RTOWN’s Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Benefits plan + unlimited vacations
- A company culture aligned around purpose and core values
- Culture Summary: Freedom + transparency + accountability + lifelong learning
- Daily huddles + monthly town halls + annual all company retreat
- A team of A players
- A synthesis of meaning + money (purpose + profits)
- A world-class company in the making
- FUN! We want everyone to work hard and have fun doing it!
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Write, edit and publish assets including long form content, email marketing, blog posts, website copy, video scripts, and more as required
- Deliver and execute strategic content on all available and relevant channels
- Manage the overall inbound lifecycle, from creation and editing through publishing, measurement, curation, and maintenance
- Consider data driven strategy, including target audience, personas, messaging and feedback
You have a special set of skills:
- Three to five years of relevant content creation and inbound management experience in corporate marketing, content marketing, or agency expertise
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to craft and communicate compelling value propositions, and translate technical concepts into value-focused, jargon-free copy that drives action
- Email marketing strategy, writing, design and deployment
- On site keyword SEO strategy, including keyword research, blog strategy and writing
- Offsite SEO content, organic promotion and influencer strategy
- Organic and paid social strategy including content creation and ad management
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO) hypothesis
- Familiarity with B2B sales funnels and the ability to map content to the customer journey
- Able to interpret data from marketing campaigns to create compelling messaging
- Client facing communications and facilitation skills are a must.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and efficient with time management
- Familiarity with Hubspot marketing toolset is an asset
You are also:
- Extremely organized, can multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision
- Available to assist on admin tasks when needed to assist with moving the company forward
- Passionate about delivering outstanding customer-service and comfortable explaining technical issues to our core customer (who may or may not be tech-savvy)
- Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt quickly to process and/or system changes
- Humble + smart + happy + have deep integrity
- FUN! We are a team that knows how to have fun and is fun to work with!
- Able to provide references that will speak to all of these qualities
Apply now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re a marketer, you understand the importance of video right? Why not record a short video to get our attention (hint: It works)
Sales and Business Development Representative - Vancouver. BC
A natural Salesperson with an entrepreneurial itch to help build something amazing with a purpose to help local businesses succeed. Looking for a career and growth.
A Self-motivated and confident individual who can see what they want and the path ahead to achieve it. While being outgoing, positive, congenial, open-minded, dedicated, passionate, well-spoken, and solution-oriented. Unique.
With a strong ability to…
Build long-term meaningful relationships, connect with others on a human level, close qualified deals.
Who understands that…
Sales is hard AND rewarding. Every problem has a solution, you need to uncover a better way.
Your opinion is valued.
What Success Looks Like in This Role…
You will be expertly training on all the aspects of digital media. You use this knowledge and experience to connect with local businesses and set them up for growth. You will use all the tools at your disposal to maintain a strong network of opportunities while working with the Marketing and Customer Success Teams to expand and grow the local businesses in your town.
Perks of the job…
- Base Salary + Commissions + Bonuses. Commissions are uncapped. (unlimited earning potential)
- Set monthly expense allowance
- Ownership: Our employee share option plan means that everyone owns a piece of the pie.
- Learn: We never stop learning. That’s why we offer full training and educational opportunities to everyone.
- Vacation: Unlimited paid vacation policy means you can work smarter, not harder.
- Health: Healthy body, healthy mind. Our health benefits options will keep you at your best.
- Manage, generate, and close our existing and future opportunities
- Further qualify and close leads from marketing campaigns
- Generate your own leads based on your own experience, connections, research AND HUSTLE!
- Reply to all new leads within 24 hours
- Contact potential clients through the use of (including but not limited to) cold calls and emails, handwritten letters, company CRM, etc.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in your markets
- Help identify creative solutions with the management team to help increase efficiency
- Keep CRM up to date for your contacts
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, or similar role
- Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior time management skills
- Take feedback well – you’re willing to be vulnerable, malleable and capable of moving as quickly as the technology industry demands with a massive smile on your face
- Ability to read people well
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A charismatic individual with the ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Dress with sophistication and style when client facing (match the client)
- Believe what is required is just a starting point. Going above and beyond is commonplace to you.
- A strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with your customers.
- Ability to work from a home-based office.
- A big thinker with a capability to see the bigger picture. We’re looking for smart!
- Independently motivated with a care for the entire team and an understanding that you cannot do it alone
You are truly passionate about learning and growing in your role, and don’t know how to settle or live in a ‘status quo’ world. You’re ready to really take ownership of your segment of the business, collaborate with the team, and wake up each day ready to tackle the world.
IF this is you, Apply Now!
Do NOT apply if…
- You’re just looking for another sales job
- You don’t enjoy working in a team
- You like to just “punch a clock”
If you are serious about applying for this role and joining our team, record a 30-second video introducting yourself and include it with your application.
To apply, send your video and resume to email@example.com.
Submissions through indeed or other job portals will be matched with your video if you send it separately.