Work with usWe are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and help local businesses succeed.
We believe in remarkable customer and team experiences
Work with local businesses in your community. We work in towns across Canada.
Our employee share option plan means that everyone owns a piece of the pie.
We never stop learning. That’s why we offer educational opportunities to everyone.
Unlimited vacation policy means you can work smarter, not harder.
Are you a fit? Below are our current opening to join the team.
Social Media Specialist - Vancouver BC
RTOWN was recently rated by Business in Vancouver as one of the Top 15 Largest Media and Digital Agencies located in BC. The youngest company by over 3 years on their list. We are growing quickly!
About the Position: You will be joining the community management team, looking after social media accounts for local businesses within your region. Expect to manage analytics/reporting, the creation of marketing plans, regular posting and nurturing strong client relationships.
- Highly developed social media acumen, previous experience a MUST;
- Proven track record of building a large social media following;
- Experience running cost-effective Facebook and Instagram ads (examples required);
- Ability to translate social reporting and convey its meaning to customers;
- Fluent in all social media platforms and ability to show previous work;
- Previous experience/education in marketing/communications/ and or social media;
- Willingness to learn, grow and expand with your role as demand builds;
- Able to work well both in a collaborative team setting and independently from home;
- Familiar with MS office suite, Adobe Photoshop and Google products;
- Strong multi-tasking skills;
- Strong writing skills with a flare for spelling and punctuation;
- Exceptional customer-service skills to WOW our customers is of paramount importance.
From RTOWN, the successful candidate can expect:
- Competitive Salary;
- A company culture aligned around purpose + core values.
- Freedom + transparency + accountability + lifelong learning + deep integrity;
- Daily huddles + monthly all-hands Town Hall + quarterly leadership strategic planning + annual all company retreat;
- A team of A players;
- A synthesis of meaning + money (purpose + profits);
- A world-class company in the making.
We understand that some applicants don’t quite fit the average marketing mold. In fact, we expect it. If your background is less than conventional but you feel passionately that you would make a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
Skip the resume; send us a link to your LinkedIn profile along with a short overview of your hobbies, career goals and why you think it’s important to help local businesses succeed in Canada. Extra points for naming your favorite local business.
Job Type: Part-time with goal to become full-time
Sales and Business Development Representative - Vancouver. BC
A natural Salesperson with an entrepreneurial itch to help build something amazing with a purpose to help local businesses succeed. Looking for a career and growth.
A Self-motivated and confident individual who can see what they want and the path ahead to achieve it. While being outgoing, positive, congenial, open-minded, dedicated, passionate, well-spoken, and solution-oriented. Unique.
With a strong ability to…
Build long-term meaningful relationships, connect with others on a human level, close qualified deals.
Who understands that…
Sales is hard AND rewarding. Every problem has a solution, you need to uncover a better way.
Your opinion is valued.
What Success Looks Like in This Role…
You will be expertly training on all the aspects of digital media. You use this knowledge and experience to connect with local businesses and set them up for growth. You will use all the tools at your disposal to maintain a strong network of opportunities while working with the Marketing and Customer Success Teams to expand and grow the local businesses in your town.
Perks of the job…
- Base Salary + Commissions + Bonuses. Commissions are uncapped. (unlimited earning potential)
- Set monthly expense allowance
- Ownership: Our employee share option plan means that everyone owns a piece of the pie.
- Learn: We never stop learning. That’s why we offer full training and educational opportunities to everyone.
- Vacation: Unlimited paid vacation policy means you can work smarter, not harder.
- Health: Healthy body, healthy mind. Our health benefits options will keep you at your best.
- Manage, generate, and close our existing and future opportunities
- Further qualify and close leads from marketing campaigns
- Generate your own leads based on your own experience, connections, research AND HUSTLE!
- Reply to all new leads within 24 hours
- Contact potential clients through the use of (including but not limited to) cold calls and emails, handwritten letters, company CRM, etc.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in your markets
- Help identify creative solutions with the management team to help increase efficiency
- Keep CRM up to date for your contacts
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, or similar role
- Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior time management skills
- Take feedback well – you’re willing to be vulnerable, malleable and capable of moving as quickly as the technology industry demands with a massive smile on your face
- Ability to read people well
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A charismatic individual with the ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Dress with sophistication and style when client facing (match the client)
- Believe what is required is just a starting point. Going above and beyond is commonplace to you.
- A strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with your customers.
- Ability to work from a home-based office.
- A big thinker with a capability to see the bigger picture. We’re looking for smart!
- Independently motivated with a care for the entire team and an understanding that you cannot do it alone
You are truly passionate about learning and growing in your role, and don’t know how to settle or live in a ‘status quo’ world. You’re ready to really take ownership of your segment of the business, collaborate with the team, and wake up each day ready to tackle the world.
IF this is you, Apply Now!
Do NOT apply if…
- You’re just looking for another sales job
- You don’t enjoy working in a team
- You like to just “punch a clock”
If you are serious about applying for this role and joining our team, record a 30-second video introducting yourself and include it with your application.
To apply, send your video and resume to email@example.com.
Submissions through indeed or other job portals will be matched with your video if you send it separately.